Friday, January 31, 2014

'Aloe Gloe' Berry Green Morning Smoothie


Draw on the power of good whole foods every morning, and get your day started in health with greens, fruits, berries, and superfoods! I recently saw some boxed Aloe Gloe organic water at a local store, and I decided to use this instead of my usual coconut water for this week's smoothies. Although aloe is widely known for its healing abilities on burns there is so much more to its helpful powers. Aloe contains more than 200 active amino acids, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and antioxidants that are clinically proven to help cardiovascular and skin health. Aloe also promotes healthy digestion and immunity. 



Now is the perfect time to get our aloe on! In the past I bought aloe leaf, and cut out a small portion of the center gel to use, as you only use a few inches of straight aloe gel in juices and smoothies. I have never had much success saving that aloe leaf gel to use another day without it going bad first. So even though fresh is best, having the aloe available in this easy to use boxed form is quite handy. After trying out this aloe product the past couple of days I can say all the morning smoothies tasted great! In addition I went to the product website for 'Aloe Gloe Organic Aloe Water' and liked what I read about the company's sustainability and relationship to its farm workers. I will certainly buy this aloe water product again so I can switch it up with the coconut water, or almond milk, that I usually use, to add more variety to my smoothie rotation. Give this product a try for yourself and see what you think. Now to the smoothie recipe pictured below.




Aloe Berry Green Smoothie

8-10 oz 'aloe gloe' water
2 TBs chia seeds
2 TBs flax powder
2 TBs hemp seeds
1 TBs unhulled sesame seeds
large handful baby spinach leaves
5 dandelion leaves
1 kiwi with skin
1 banana
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup red raspberries
1 Tsp Ceylon Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/4 tsp Nutmeg

All ingredients are organic. Place everything in a high powered blender till mixed into smoothie! (About 20 - 30 seconds). Share with a friend as this makes two large smoothies. Rock that morning smoothie with as much healing power as you can! Be happy, be healthy, be peace!






No comments:

Post a Comment