Friday, August 2, 2013

Pear Sprout Blackberry Super Smoothie




Instead of bananas, today I am using pears with my greens and berries. This is a simple easy smoothie to get your day started. Just look at that gorgeous color! Drink in your daily supply of veggies and fruits! You can use any berry to substitute, or in addition to the blackberries! I always have various types of cancer fighting berries frozen in the fridge ready to go into what ever smoothie I am creating for the day!  




I also buy fresh pea sprouts and/or alfalfa sprouts every week for my smoothies, and to add to my daily salads. They are little powerhouses loaded with enzymes and nutrition. Sprouts and berries are must have produce items in my healthy kitchen everyday! In addition we always add our superfood seeds to the mix. To learn how to conveniently store your super-foods in a pull out container, to make morning smoothie time even faster and easier, just click here to read my post on that subject. I love it!


Pear Sprout Blackberry Smoothie

1/2 - 1 cup Coconut water
2 TB hemp seeds
2 TB chia seeds
1 tsp unhulled sesame seeds
2TB fresh ground golden flax powder 
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 TB coconut flakes
5 Romaine lettuce leaves
handful of pea sprouts
2 ripe pears
1 cup of blackberries

Optional
red raspberries
blueberries

Wash your produce and try to use as much organic as possible. Don't want to put pesticides into your healthy drink. Then add all of the ingredients to your blender in the order listed above. As always, with smoothies you can adjust amounts and type of produce as needed. I think I got a few red raspberries in mine too. Look at the green goodness, soon to turn bright purple red! Blend just until mixed well. If you have a Vitamix no more than 30 seconds blending is quite enough time, as you don't want to heat up any of your fresh ingredients. Serves two people.





This morning smoothie is a drink that helps fight against cancer, 
so slurp it up and get on with your healthy bad self!




2 comments: