Friday, December 21, 2012

Sweet Pomegranate Pear Holiday Salad


While you are out and about this weekend enjoying friend and family's seasonal buffets, don't forget to eat your greens! Now that's the mom in me talking! haha! Really, if you are craving something sweet just add some fruit or berries to your salad greens. Simply by adding pomegranate seeds, you create a colorful, delicious, cancer fighting, holiday dish! This salad is so gosh darn easy, I wonder if I should even write out the ingredients. Well here goes anyway!

Pomegranate And Pear Green Salad 
All ingredients are organic.
Fresh salad greens
We used arugula and Romain
Chopped cucumber
Sliced Pear
Pomegranate Seeds
Raisins
 Pecan pieces

Drizzle with a flavored vinegar

Since it will get hectic during the next week, I am not sure how much time I will have to post. I made an epic soup yesterday, and a yummy smoothie, (aren't they all!) that I hope to share that with you soon. Plus I have two things I planned for the blog at the start of the new year! First up, to help you get back on track with your new healthy lifestyle, I am going to post a bunch of salad ideas so you can see all the ways you can enjoy your greens. Then I am also going to show you how to organize your pantry and refrigerator for your new eating style! It will make meal preparation much easier! I will be sharing some photos of my pantry, with tips and tricks. We are also going to have a giveaway to celebrate my recent one year blog-versary! Stay tuned for that info. Hopefully I will get those soup and smoothie photos edited soon! Ben says eating my latest soup was like dining at a fine restaurant! Well la-de-dah to me. I have to admit it was really, really, good!

Enjoy all the merriment's my friends! I am very grateful you are with me on this food adventure! Saver those sweet moments with the little ones over the holidays, so you can get that wonder and awe vibe going for ya! Be happy, Be healthy, Be Peace! 

A tip for anyone who is being a Grinch in your life, tell them in the words of Tommy Smothers, to "Go fa-la-la-your self!' 


No comments:

Post a Comment