Thursday, December 15, 2011

Loving The Carrots and Carrot Sunshine Juice


I was in a funny mood at the natural food store recently. I bought the biggest carrots I have ever seen just for fun! As well as giant sweet potatoes! They were cracking me up. I just had to do it! When my grand daughter saw them she squealed! Her first reaction was to give them a hug! So cute!


Look how big they are compared to her!


She started eating the carrot like an ear of corn! She likes eating raw carrots, but not Grandmas juice. At least not yet. I will keep working on that!


Here is a normal carrot compared to my two biggies. Hilarious!


WoW! This is how much pure carrot juice came out of those two carrots!


Carrot Sunshine Juice
3-6 carrots - depending on size! haha! Peeled.
1/2 peeled lemon
1/2 inch fresh peeled ginger root
1 peeled and cored Apple
2 stalks celery
1 peeled cucumber 

1/2 tsp Maca Powder (optional)

Add each item to your juicer except Maca powder. Stir your mixture. Mix Maca with a little water to make a slurry and then add to juice and stir. Clean your juicer parts. Now pour and drink your delicious juice. Best to drink within 15 minutes, but I usually have some extra to enjoy later in the day too. Sometimes I have the leftover juice the next day. I am not that fanatical. Every juice mixture has tasted great! Play around. If you want juice sweeter add another apple. Carrots are pretty sweet so I only add one apple. If you have blood sugar problems you should drink the sweeter juices earlier in your day. Drink up!







1 comment: